Tech Lead, Platform Infrastructure
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are actively looking for a Tech Lead to lead initiatives on the Verkada Platform Team. As a TL on this team, you will be the architect, designer and developer of projects targeted at making Verkada’s infrastructure the most reliable and cost efficient while scaling to millions of connected devices. Example projects include rolling out a service mesh or designing a cost efficient service ingesting and storing terabytes of video footage. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor your team members and establish engineering best practices across the entire organization.
- Identify and lead critical efforts related to scalability, reliability and efficiency;
- Influence the features and direction of our platform with your own ideas;
- Provide technical support for engineers on team;
- Align with product and org objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams on delivering key results.
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study;
- Minimum of 6 years of experience;
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new infrastructure products, features, and strategies;
- Comfortable with working at the frontier of infrastructure and software development;
- Experience in Python and/or Go;
- Strong experience with AWS;
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Experience with Terraform;
- Experience with Kubernetes;
- Experience with a service mesh such as Istio.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.