Account Executive, Mid Market (UK)
Verkada UK - London /
Sales – Sales - International /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is building a world-class sales organisation. Our business requires highly motivated and capable sales professionals. We prioritise drive and demonstrated success in whatever sales role you’ve been in before — we care far less about fancy pedigrees, schools, or a resume with “brand name” companies. We have a fun, positive culture of success, and of course, we pay well.
We are looking for a Mid-Market Sales person to join the small but growing team in our London office. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has already begun their journey in tech sales, has found their rhythm and success, and is looking to take on more responsibility and ownership to help replicate Verkada’s proven success in the US and bring it to EMEA.
- Source and close new business to consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Build an intimate understanding of Verkada products and their place in the industry
- Create your own territory plan and research your market and customers
- Manage the full sales cycle: Prospect for new customers, host online demos, create proposals, and close deals
- Maintain accurate pipeline management with expert-level forecasting
- Exceed goals consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, online demos, and trials every quarter
- Onboard new channel partners
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to your customers and channel partners
- Work closely with Customer Success to ensure smooth launches and fuel future product growth
- Provide market/client feedback to Verkada’s product/engineering team
- Full sales cycle experience in a quota-carrying capacity
- Highly effective communication skills, with the ability to build rapport, nurture relationships, and hold strong presentation skills
- Experience building your own patch or territory, ideally from within a successful start-up environment
- Patience and drive to create your own leads
- Either worked with, or have an understanding of the IT channel partner model
- A proven ability to exceed targets using a sales methodology, and can articulate how you have ensured your own success
- Experience in Salesforce (not essential, but a huge advantage)
- A self-starter: You have the discipline and drive to create your own pipeline generation
- Organised: You think and act logically to facilitate moving deals on in volume
- A conceptual seller: Using your sales methodology you have a strong ability to forecast accurately as well as consistently close deals
- Curious and analytical: You use a data driven approach to make your territory plan
- Able to challenge the status quo: Your ability to build strong relationships enables you to influence and effectively challenge the norm
- Creative: Marketing forms part of your ecosystem, and you will be involved in these plans for your territory
- London based or able to commute daily to our office near Old Street station*
In return, we can offer you a caring, and supportive environment with ongoing training and promotion opportunities. Our benefits package ranges from gym/fitness membership subsidies, travel reimbursements for your commute to the office (full of snacks), and a daily food allowance when you are in. (*Due to the pandemic, you currently have the option to work from home but equally the office is open for those that need it). We have a dental and private health plan, as well as a flexible PTO plan and a pension contribution.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.