Computer Vision Engineering Intern - Fall, 2020
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to write tools to support the launch of products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Computer Vision team, you will be working on one or more highly impactful projects that will help create an exciting user experience. You will have opportunities to work with engineers across multiple teams to implement the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software powered by computer vision and deep learning!
- Implement tools to evaluate CV/ML pipelines.
- Prototype new features and work with the team to integrate them into our product.
- Create tools to improve the productivity of your fellow CV team members.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work from September 2020 - December 2020.
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Familiar with: Python, Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, Computer Vision, Deep Learning.
- Comfortable reading research papers and experimenting with their content.
- Familiarity with Python CV/ML tools; OpenCV, Sklearn, Numpy, and at least one deep learning package (Tensorflow/Torch/Keras/Mxnet).
- Interest in writing great tools.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.