Engineering Manager - Access Control
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Access Control /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are a small, dynamic team focused on building cloud-managed access control systems. It’s Verkada’s second major product line and is already growing faster than the flagship cameras product. It’s a startup within a startup with a fair amount of autonomy.
We’re looking for a strong engineering manager who can lead and grow a fullstack team.
We are on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2019, 2020 & 2021 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
- Build the access control engineering team by recruiting, leading, and mentoring
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and actively write code or prototype new features
- Be accountable for driving project execution.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process.
Education and experience
- 2+ years experience managing, leading, and inspiring a team of engineers; including hiring, retaining, and managing performance.
- 5+ years of work experience in a software engineering role
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.