Sr. Product Designer
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Everything at Verkada begins with design. Every part of our product experience is carefully crafted to be simple, elegant, and powerful. As a UX designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based and mobile tools (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll work with product managers, designers, and engineers to design our software, from defining a product vision to tweaking pixels before each release.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product managers in a highly agile development environment with quick ideation and prototyping.
- Build and foster a collaborative work environment.
- Run inspiring and formal brainstorming sessions with engineers, product, and other designers.
- Developing product strategies that deliver on customer needs and the company’s vision
- Build clear, concise and intuitive UX/UI with everything from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel perfect final designs.
- Mentoring junior designers, providing constructive feedback and elevating their work to the highest standards.
- Serve as a project lead, co-owning the final product with engineering leads.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage and maintain a project’s scope and schedule.
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- 6-10+ years of product design or mobile product design experience
- A drive to solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions
- Proven experience in creative problem solving and partnering with product, engineering, and other designers to do so
- Experienced in creating and integrating animated visuals and interactive design
- Proficient in: Sketch, Figma, Zeppelin, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.