Technical Support Engineer
San Mateo, California
Technical Support – Technical Support
Founded in 2016 by computer scientists from MIT and Stanford, Verkada is building an enterprise IoT security system using cutting edge cloud, camera and physical security technology. Currently valued at $540 million by Meritech and Sequoia Capital, and ranked a top startup to work for by Linkedin, Verkada is one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley.
Verkada is seeking Technical Support Engineers who are passionate about cloud networking and IoT to provide troubleshooting, design, and integration assistance to our growing base of enterprise customers.
- Troubleshoot network, hardware and software issues related to the Verkada platform
- Provide best practice design and integration expertise to customers
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and features and fix bugs
- Contribute content to our Knowledge Base
- Help build Support processes that will scale
- Strong understanding of computer networking, hardware, Linux and cloud-based software systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related technical discipline: Computer Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cyber Security from an accredited 4-year college
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCNET, CWNP, CWNA, Network+
- Competitive salary + equity
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter reimbursement
- Monthly health allowance
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.