Senior Growth Data Scientist
San Mateo, California /
Marketing – Growth Operations /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
Verkada’s Growth Ops team is looking for a talented leader to play an integral role in leveraging our data and technology to help our marketing team run better, faster, and smarter. You will have the opportunity to play a vital role in both creating and driving world-class insights that will drive the next phase of growth here at Verkada.
Successful Data Scientists at Verkada are fluent in SQL and Python, understand the principles of effective data visualization, and know how to contextualize their work within the business in order to drive growth.
- Ability to pull together your own datasets with strong SQL skills and knowledge of analytical programming languages including R or Python to conduct statistical analyses.
- Build revenue optimization models using a wealth of structured in-house data.
- Work cross functionally with other business units to ensure Marketing planning aligns with corporate strategy.
- Be responsible for defining and clearly articulating KPIs to serve the team and management.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline from a top school.
- 5+ years of expertise in quantitative analysis, ability to tell a story backed by data.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc).
- Demonstrated track record of success in a high-growth, self-directed business environment.
- Analytical mindset, capable of understanding advanced abstract relationships and concrete systems/data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Direct relevant experience in a related field (Data Science, Growth Analytics, Quantitative Research, etc)
- Experience creating executive level presentations.
- Experience building and architecting data pipelines.
- Familiarity with business systems: Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, or similar.
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and well-being of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
- Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
- Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
- Expanded mental health support
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/fitness benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal-opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.