Security & Privacy Product Manager - Technical
San Mateo, California /
Product – Product /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform. In just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management). Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, our products give organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Recently valued at $3.2 billion with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with nine offices across three continents (San Mateo, Austin, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Tampa, London, Sydney, Taipei City and Krakow), 1,400+ full-time employees and 15,000+ customers across 73 countries, including 100+ companies in the Fortune 500.
This is just the beginning. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we face and the innovative platform we are building to make our schools, hospitals, businesses and communities safer.
As a Security & Privacy Product Manager, your job is to develop the systems, processes, and tools that help protect customer data and respect privacy. You will spearhead the definition of our security and data handling practices, and build customer-facing features that help customers best manage the security and privacy for their organization.
You will have front line responsibility to build new product functionality, set industry leading policy standards, design large scale enforcement systems, and establish escalation management and risk mitigation solutions for existing and newly emerging abuse trends.
The role will report to Verkada’s senior product leadership and work closely with the legal team and executive team. You will cover a broad scope across infrastructure, computer vision, data access, engineering support systems, user education and customer support.
- Identify and prioritize product requirements; synthesize product and business requirement docs.
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap and actively manage tradeoffs
- Drive the communication and coordination of requirements to business, design and development teams to deliver on the plan
- Define success metrics; optimize development and communication processes
- Run competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing
- Training and educating our sales team on new product features and releases.
- Partnering with product marketing on deliverables for product launches.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Security, or similar quantitative field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in product or program management, product marketing or business development
- Experience with end to end product delivery. Experience selling enterprise products is a bonus
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Previous software engineering experience and product exposure is a plus
- Experience with data driven decision making
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and take ownership and drive projects to completion