Backend Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2023
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Early Careers /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Backend Engineering team, you will have opportunities to work across the full software stack and collaborate cross-functionally to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of handling high traffic from 100s of thousands of devices deployed around the world.
- Work with high concurrency key-value storage systems (Redis, DynamoDB)
- Spin up new services in a microservices architecture
- Work with real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Maintain and implement testing automation and testing frameworks.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work at Verkada HQ during summer 2023
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science. Graduating by June 2024.
- Prior internship experience developing and launching products.
- Familiar with: Python or Golang, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read Python server code a plus!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.