Software Engineer, Embedded Systems
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We're focused on hiring embedded software engineers that understand not only the lower-level systems, but also how everything integrates together from the hardware to the UI. You’ll be working closely on one side with our hardware vendors and ME/EE people, and on the other side with server and UI engineers, industrial designers, and our operations team. If you’re looking for a fast-paced environment where your work is regularly shipping to customers and improving people’s safety, this is the place for you!
- Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C, Go and Python.
- Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
- Experiment/test with new development boards.
- Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define new specs for future products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 5+ years of experience working on Linux development as a Software Engineer.
- Proficient in C. Go and Python is are nice to have.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Familiar with Linux servers, Linux device drivers, Linux kernel patches, secure operating systems and security focused programming.
- Preferred experience working with embedded Linux, cameras, video codecs and processing.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.