Front End Engineer - Search & Computer Vision
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Build our front end for our visual search experience
- Enable the web UI to process computer vision data.
- Comfortable leading whole projects from design to implementation.
- Optimize encoding decoding functionality for 4K video.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously deliver Verkada’s products to customers on-time.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, something similar or equivalent work experience.
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Experience building reusable components, utilizing CSS pre-processors and building pixel perfect user interfaces.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working with a modern web framework such as Angular.js, React or Vue.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read python server code a plus!
- Comfortable with SQL, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.