Front End Engineer - Search & Computer Vision
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Build our front end for our visual search experience
- Enable the web UI to process computer vision data.
- Comfortable leading whole projects from design to implementation.
- Optimize encoding decoding functionality for 4K video.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously deliver Verkada’s products to customers on-time.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, something similar or equivalent work experience.
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Experience building reusable components, utilizing CSS pre-processors and building pixel perfect user interfaces.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working with a modern web framework such as Angular.js, React or Vue.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read python server code a plus!
- Comfortable with SQL, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.