San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast-paced environment for both existing and new mobile applications
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to elaborate, design, and implement new features
- Work in iterative sprints to design, develop and test solutions
- Continually improve your craft as a software engineer by learning and leveraging the latest design patterns, principles and technology
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field (Master's degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience
- In-depth understanding of Swift and iOS SDK
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code
- Experience working with backend server APIs
- Strong UI development skills
- Strong unit testing skills
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.