Senior Product Designer
San Mateo, California /
Design – User Experience /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Everything at Verkada begins with design. Every part of our product experience is carefully crafted to be simple, elegant, and powerful. As a product designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based and mobile tools (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll work with product managers, designers, and engineers to design our software, from defining a product vision to tweaking pixels before each release.
- Build and foster a collaborative work environment working with designers, engineers, and product managers in a highly agile development environment.
- Run inspiring and formal brainstorming sessions with engineers, product, and other designers.
- Help develop product strategies that deliver on customer needs and the company’s vision
- Build clear, concise and intuitive UX/UI with everything from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel perfect final designs.
- Mentor junior designers, providing constructive feedback and elevating their work to the highest standards.
- Serve as a project lead, co-owning the final product with engineering leads.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage and maintain a project’s scope and schedule.
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- 5+ years of product/UX design experience
- A drive to solve complex problems with simple and intuitive solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate design rationale
- Ability to think holistically and design cohesive end to end experiences
- Strong understanding of common UX principles and patterns
- Proven experience in creative problem solving and partnering with product, engineering, and other designers to do so
- Responsive or mobile web design experience
- Ability to iterate and rapidly prototype ideas and concepts
- Experience using motion design to create microinteractions
- Proficient in: Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.