Marketing Analytics Manager
San Mateo, California
Marketing – Marketing
As part of our marketing operations team, the marketing analytics manager's primary responsibilities will be to build and maintain full-stack analytics (from data capture to end-user analytics) for Marketing. This includes building and forecasting: Marketing Budget, KPI Dashboards, Monitoring, Ad Hoc Insight Mining and Analysis, Marketing Attribution.
Expect to also lead and contribute to cross-functional business analytics projects and support other departments/use cases as the need arises. Examples may include:
HR analytics, visibility into recruiting pipeline
LTV aging reports, cohort analysis to better understand LTV of customers
Product utilization analytics to better inform cross-sell opportunities
Geo mapping of verkada cameras across the world
Operational dashboards to facilitate day-to-day functions (sales)
Analysis of shipping data and return rates
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn quickly: You’ve developed a strong suite of technical skills from a history of solving open-ended business problems. When you reach the limits of your current knowledge, you push them to learn more. You’re always on the lookout for solutions to business problems - the more elegant the better but always functional. Fluency in SQL is requiredPython, R, or similar is preferredFamiliarity with Databases and business systems like Salesforce.com preferred.
- Strong analytical skills: You understand business questions at a high level and are able to deliver clear, accurate answers based on data to those questions. You’re able to clearly communicate the limitations of analysis or data where appropriate to do so. You understand the impact that data has on the business and use that to drive value.
- Support others: You see analytics as, essentially, a support role. One that enables other functions to perform better and this informs your approach to the discipline. You are constantly thinking about what your stakeholders need to be successful and are great at listening and communicating with them.
- Contribute to a successful business: You put the interest of the business first. You conduct analysis and reporting with the best interests of the company in mind. This informs fierce internal discipline for accuracy and integrity which permeates all of your work.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Work with a veteran team and a great product
- Company outings
- Ground floor of a hugely successful startup
- Flexible vacation policy
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.