Engineering Lead - Search
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
We are actively looking for Search Engineering Leads (EL) to help grow the team and product. As an EL on Search, you will be the architect, designer and coder of the project. You'll work closely with the product management, software and hardware engineers to make the team's vision a reality. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor your team members and establish engineering best practices across Verkada.
- Work with a small team of engineers and drive the key technical roadmap
- Potentially support a small to medium sized engineering team on career development;
- Align with product and org objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams on delivering key results;
- Define long term technical roadmap for the team;
- Contribute to technical decisions on projects among the product.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Deep technical understanding of backend systems, search engines, large-scale distributed systems, front end systems
- Product minded engineering leader who can work with product team to deliver awesome products and drive roadmap towards delivering key products
- Experience technically leading a team and driving technical directions
- Experience managing projects spanning across multiple teams
- Experience in Python and/or C++
- Strong written and verbal communications
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager is a plus
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.