San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our hardware team, you will support the development, validation, and manufacturing of Verkada’s full product line. Verkada’s Reliability Engineers ensure we are shipping high performing, high quality products which exceed customer expectations.
- Develop test specs & testing methods to ensure Verkada’s products meet and exceed a wide variety of challenging requirements (environmental, electrical immunity, shock/drop/vib, etc).
- Lead design reviews & provide guidance throughout the product life cycle to identify and mitigate reliability risks as early as possible.
- Work with in-house equipment, overseas suppliers and 3rd party test labs to carry out your experiments. Get hands-on with hardware testing; build fixtures & jigs as needed.
- Analyze test results and associated statistics to draw conclusions regarding product or part performance. Document results and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Participate in failure analysis efforts related to reliability tests. Work closely with ME, EE or manufacturing team members to determine the root cause & potential corrective actions for any issues.
- Help guide the development of factory test plans and in-process QC tests. Provide feedback on test specs, fixtures, SOPs, and statistical relevance of various test metrics.
- Assist in compliance testing and various certification efforts.
- Help guide the selection, testing and evaluation of various mechanical, electrical and optical components (e.g. lenses).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 4 years experience in a hardware engineering or testing environment
- Experience with a broad base of reliability test types covering both mechanical and electrical testing
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and test methods for enterprise or industrial products used in harsh outdoor environments
- Hands-on experience setting up and executing tests
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Experience reviewing 2D & 3D CAD drawings
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.