Sales Development Manager - Austin, Texas
Austin, Texas /
Sales – Sales - Verkademy /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
The Sales Development Managers lead Verkademy, which is our Account Executive Development Program. Verkademy is one of the most critical business units to our success as a company and has a track record of producing Verkada's top AE's and managers. What makes this program so successful is its complete focus on creating world-class Account Executives. Due to our focus on creating Account Executives, we are looking for an Account Executive or Sales Manager who has a track record of success carrying a quota and is looking to grow their career by taking on a unique sales leadership position. This position will give you the foundation necessary to become a top tier Sales Manager while gaining valuable experience needed to take your career to the next level.
- Lead, coach, train, and motivate direct reports through Verkademy sales trainings, test outs and reviews
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain AAE talent
- Build and coach to become high-preforming AAE's to become world-class AE's
- Work in a fast-paced environment, pivot as needed and adapt quickly to change, as well as be an influencing factor to the team.
- Strategic problem solving, project management, proactively addressing problems and surfacing scalable solutions.
- At least 2+ years with a track record of success in sales as a quota-carrying Account Executive
- Excited by attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining top-tier talent
- Highly effective communication skills, with ability to build rapport, nurture relationships, and strong presentation skills
- Thrive in a dynamic, competitive, and fast-paced startup environment
- Team-player mentality, hard-working, and the ability to be authoritative when necessary.
- Feel a deep sense of ownership, accountability, pride, and passion for your work
- Experience with cross-functional teams as being collaborative, innovative, accountable, and reliable
- Data-driven, highly analytical, lead through influence, are a structured thinker
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.