Solutions Engineering Manager - San Mateo, CA
San Mateo, California /
Sales – Sales - Solutions Engineering /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing Mid-Market Solutions Engineer team
- Assist Solutions Engineers in their career growth plans through enablement and development plan creation
- Provide ongoing interpersonal and technical coaching to solutions engineers
- Rapidly scale the Mid Market solutions engineering team through external hiring and internal promotions
- Act as an additional liaison/advocate between the Solutions Engineer team and the Sales team
- Champion, role model, and embed Verkada’s cultural values as we scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university
- A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of SE leadership experience OR 5+ years as an SE
- Strong background in IT fundamentals: Extensive experience with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and routing/switching devices.
- Ability to coach individuals with high potential
- Genuine excitement for software and hardware products and can speak comfortably about how they work
- Outstanding English with strong written, and verbal communication skills
- Clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with a variety of internal and external audiences
- Able and willing to get in the weeds with team members to help them determine the best path forward for a customer, partner, or deal
- Experience working cross-functionally to drive improvements and increase communication across different departments within an organization
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+
- Experience working with APIs, Python, and other coding languages is a plus
- Experience working with Linux operating systems preferred
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to lead
- Bonus points for prior experience at a rapidly growing startup
- Willing to shadow and handle escalated calls and scenarios as needed
- Comfortable with having tough conversations and challenging members of their team to grow as individual contributors and team members
- Foster a team environment
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.