Sales Manager, UK
Sales – Sales - Manager/Director /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada is building a world-class sales organisation. Our business requires highly motivated and capable sales professionals. We prioritise drive and demonstrated success in whatever sales role you’ve been in before — we care far less about fancy pedigrees, schools, or a resume with “brand name” companies. We have a fun, positive culture of success, and of course, we pay well.
We are looking for a Mid-Market Sales Manager to join the small but growing team in our London office. This is a perfect opportunity you if you are someone who has already had experience managing a high performing sales team and is looking for a fast-paced, pre-IPO unicorn in hyper growth phase.
- Lead, coach, train, and motivate direct reports through pipeline reviews, managing daily and weekly activities, forecasts and closed deals to ensure individual and team quotas
- Work cross-functionally to align prioritisation & resources amongst, sales, product, marketing, engineering, and operations.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, pivot as needed and adapt quickly to change, as well as be an influencing factor to the team
- Strategic problem solving, project management, proactively addressing problems and surfacing scalable solutions
- Hire, onboard, develop, and lead a world-class team to support revenue targets for the company
- 1+ year in a people management position
- Team-player mentality, hard-working, and the ability to be authoritative when necessary
- Strong oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing strong internal and external business relationships across departments
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding goals as an individual contributor
- Demonstrate initiative in helping others achieve their goals.
- Knowledge of the full Sales cycle, with demonstrated ability to prospect, qualify, and close deals.
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Worked with channel partners
- A self-starter: You have the discipline and drive to manage reps and empower them to go out to market
- Organised: You think and act logically to facilitate moving deals on in volume
- A conceptual seller: Using your sales methodology you have a strong ability to forecast accurately as well as consistently close deals
- Curious and analytical: You use a data driven approach to make your territory plan
- Able to challenge the status quo: Your ability to build strong relationships enables you to influence and effectively challenge the norm
- Creative: Marketing forms part of your ecosystem, and you will be involved in these plans for your territory
- London based or able to commute daily to our office near Old Street station*
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical & dental insurance coverage
- Fertility benefits
- Wellness allowance
- Monthly commuter benefits
- Kitchen filled with drinks and snacks & daily food allowance when working from the office
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.