Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Infrastructure/Platform /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
- Design and implement reliable, scalable and efficient data infrastructure to allow the team to gain insights and make quality data driven decisions
- Work cross-functionally to build data products that allows other teams to gain insights and ultimately improve Verkada products and Verkada customer experience
- Design and implement solutions to ensure data quality, security, and compliance
- Lead whole projects from design to implementation
- Help lead and grow junior engineers
- 5+ years of data engineering related development experience
- Flexible and adaptive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for product quality and building systems to ship high quality releases
- In-depth expertise in distributed systems and data processing
- Experience with data infrastructure and data analytics
Nice to Have
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience in data visualization and dashboard design
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.