Mobile Engineering Intern - Fall, 2020
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Come join one of the fastest growing startups in the Silicon Valley! Verkada is looking for Mobile Engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. As part of the Mobile Engineering team, you will collaborate cross functionally to support the entire mobile application lifecycle, for both existing and new applications, enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Support the entire mobile application lifecycle (concept, design, test, and release) in a fast paced environment for both existing and new mobile applications.
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to elaborate, design, and implement new features.
- Work in iterative sprints to design, develop, and test solutions.
- Build automation and tests to streamline development.
- Ability to work from September 2020 - December 2020.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science (or similar degree plan).
- Proficient understanding of Swift and iOS SDK or Kotlin and Android SDK.
- Experience writing multi-threaded, asynchronous code.
- Experience working with backend server APIs.
- Solid UI development and unit testing skills.
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well alongside engineers of all levels.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.