San Mateo, California /
Product – Product /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. We build modern physical security systems that keep people and places safe. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers.
Verkada’s Product team is ultimately responsible for the revenue of a line of business. That means we are involved in all phases of the product lifecycle, including planning, development, launch, sale, and support of transformative products for the enterprise physical security market. Our Product team is responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that make everything from schools to hospitality and healthcare locations safer and more secure.
You will work closely with Software and Hardware Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Design to develop the next generation of Verkada’s products. You’ll become the expert on our solutions, gather customer feedback and understand customer needs and use cases, and develop a product roadmap that accelerates Verkada’s growth and impact for our customers.
You’ll tackle a range of problems, including:
- Launching new products in collaboration with Design [,] Engineering and Marketing;
- Gathering customer feedback and digging into customer use cases to understand [their] needs and [to] prioritize feature development;
- Defining internal processes and tracking metrics to optimize customer experience;
- Training and educating our Sales team on new product features and releases;
- Partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts;
- Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing;
- Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a business oriented function
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers and customers alike.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Experience selling enterprise products is a bonus
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the ownership of a business, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.