San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Product /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
MISSION: MODERNIZE THE WORLD OF PHYSICAL SECURITY
We build enterprise security cameras that combine cutting-edge camera technology with an intelligent, easy to use management software that is transforming the $16B physical security industry.
Verkada’s Product team manages the planning, development, and launch of transformative products for the enterprise physical security market. Our Product team is responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that make everything from schools to hospitality and healthcare locations safer and more secure.
You will work closely with Software and Hardware Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Design to develop the next generation of Verkada’s products. You’ll become the expert on our solutions, gather customer feedback and understand customer needs and use cases, and develop a product roadmap that accelerates Verkada’s growth and impact for our customers.
You’ll tackle a range of problems, including:
Launching new products in collaboration with Design, Engineering and Marketing
Gathering customer feedback and digging into customer use cases to understand needs and prioritize feature development
Defining internal processes and tracking metrics to optimize customer experience
Training and educating our Sales team on new product features and releases
Partnering with the Sales team to close strategic customer accounts
Making data-driven decisions to define and optimize product pricing
Establishing technology partnerships with complementary tech companies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management or engineering for a connected product company
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar quantitative field. MS, PhD, or MBA optional.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to establish credibility with engineers and customers alike.
- Experience transforming an established/legacy industry with new technology
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and dig into data
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on aggressive timelines.
- Familiarity with B2B sales and/or management consulting experience is a nice to have.
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.