Engineering Lead, Computer Vision
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are actively looking for Computer Vision Engineering Leads (EL) to help grow the team and product. As an EL on the Computer Vision team, you will be the architect, designer and coder of the project. You'll work closely with the product management, software and hardware engineers to make the team's vision a reality. You'll have the opportunity to lead cross-team efforts, mentor your team members and establish engineering best practices across Verkada.
- Work with a small team of engineers and drive the key technical roadmap
- Potentially support a small to medium sized engineering team on career development;
- Align with product and org objectives, and coordinate with cross-functional teams on delivering key results;
- Define long term technical roadmap for the team;
- Contribute to technical decisions on projects among the product.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics or similar technical field of study
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Deep technical understanding of computer vision and machine learning
- Familiar with state of the art CV/ML models and tools
- Experience technically leading a team and driving technical directions
- Experience managing projects spanning across multiple teams
- Experience in Python and/or C++
- Strong written and verbal communications
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager is a plus
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.