San Mateo, California /
Business Operations – Facilities /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Your day-to-day in this role will be multifaceted. Not only will you serve as the face of the company in welcoming all visitors as they step into our office, but you will also help manage the physical space and the ongoing needs of a day-to-day office experience. This role provides an incredible opportunity to break into one of the fastest growing unicorn tech companies in the world and provide immediate impact. By taking on the position of Receptionist you will be able to demonstrate your ability to proactively address the company’s needs and, should a mutual fit arise, ultimately pivot into the next role of your career and grow alongside Verkada.
This role will be a 6 month contract - to - hire position with the ability to convert full time based on performance
- Serve as the primary liaison for entrants to the building
- Proactively maintain reception area and all common areas
- Keep detailed and accurate records of visitor requests and received calls
- Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail, physically and electronically
- Maintain stock of office supplies and refreshments and reorder as necessary
- Answer and direct phone calls in a cordial and professional manner
- Ensure the office experience is a positive one for all employees and visitors
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment
- Proficient in G-Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar)
- Strong interpersonal/phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to receive and triage multiple requests
- Comfortable multitasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
- Ability to proactively address issues as they arise
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build IoT security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well. Verkada has raised over $140 million from backers including Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech, and Siemens.
US Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.