Data Operations Associate
San Mateo, California /
Sales Strategy and Operations – Sales - Strategy/Operations /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our sales operations team, you will have an integral role in driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
- Make Salesforce.com the most valuable tool in our stack because of the size, quality, and accuracy of our prospect data. This means:
- Design the structure of our customer databases to ensure they are scalable and both support the operational demands of the business, and provide the backbone on which we can build useful insights. As we grow into new geographies and verticals, you will play a key role in expanding our databases to meet future business requirements.
- Build and maintain our databases. Convert our existing Lead / Contact database in Salesforce.com into a living ecosystem that is constantly updating in order to allow the Verkada Sales Team to focus on selling to the right individuals.
- Improve our databases by evaluating and negotiating with external data vendors to find new sources for contact and account data, often for entirely new markets or segments of the business. Source data at scale from multiple sources such as ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, public websites, CrunchBase and more. Build web scraping functions to pull lists from niche online data sources.
- Increase the accuracy and integrity of our data through constant monitoring. Execute data migration and data quality projects.
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization, from sales reps to senior leadership, to scope and deploy changes to our databases that increase efficiency across the sales organization.
- Since we're still in scrappy startup mode, there's a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today's problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses/data to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel and SQL skills are a must; Tableau / Looker experience is also critical.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences.
- Experience designing, creating, and maintaining large-scale, complex datasets. .
- An understanding of relational database architecture and standard CRM system structure.
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in extremely analytical or technical roles. Bachelors or masters from a top school preferred.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.