Account Executive, Inside Sales
San Mateo, California
Sales – Inside Sales
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is building a world-class sales organization. Our business requires highly motivated and capable sales professionals. We prioritize drive and demonstrated success in whatever sales role you’ve been in before — we care far less about fancy pedigrees, schools, or a resume with “brand name” companies. We have a fun, positive culture of success, and of course, we pay well.
- Source and close new business to consistently meet or exceed quarterly sales quotas
- Build an intimate understanding of Verkada products and their place in the industry
- Manage the full sales cycle: Prospect for new customers, host online demos, create proposals, and close deals
- Maintain accurate pipeline management with expert-level forecasting
- Aggressively exceed goals consisting of outbound phone calls, emails, online demos, and trials every quarter
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to customers and channel partners
- Work closely with Customer Success to ensure smooth launches and fuel future product growth
- Provide market/client feedback to Verkada’s product/engineering team
- At least 1-2 years of sales experience in a quota-carrying capacity
- Highly effective communication skills, with ability to build rapport, nurture relationships, and strong presentation skills
- Thrive in a dynamic, competitive, and fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
- Experience in Salesforce is a plus
- Tenacity, drive to learn, and self-motivated
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.