Regional Sales Director, West (CORP)
Sales – Sales - Enterprise /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
The Regional Sales Director position is responsible for hiring, managing and mentoring a team of Enterprise-level talent to meet and exceed their sales revenue goals. The Enterprise team focuses on Non- SLED (State, Local & Education) accounts with employee headcounts <2000 & >20,000, respectively. Our Account Executives are responsible for maintaining high activity standards; daily prospecting, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, and delivering assigned monthly and quarterly sales revenue targets.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the team of Account Executives in achieving individual and team quota
- Ongoing mentoring and development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new reps
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings
- You will be reporting on sales activity and forecast to the regional VP of Sales
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Coordinate and lead weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
Employee Pay Disclosure
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $240,000 – $330,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
- Demonstrated success in directly leading a high-performing sales team within a sales environment (experience and high performance in the SLED space is preferred)
- You must demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, whilst demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with colleagues and customers
- Proven experience in working in an indirect sales model is mandatory
- Experience of leading, coaching, and developing account executives
- Successful track record in a high-volume transaction sales environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to successfully hire and train new sales representatives and coach lower performers through to success
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Willingness to travel
- Must live in territory (Southwest)
US Employee Benefits
Verkada is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all employees and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
• Healthcare programs that can be tailored to meet the personal health and financial well-being needs - Premiums are 100% covered for the employee under most plans and 80% for family premiums
• Nationwide medical, vision and dental coverage
• Health Saving Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with tax saving options
• Expanded mental health support
• Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
• Time off to relax and recharge through our paid holidays, firmwide extended holidays, flexible PTO and personal sick time
• Professional development stipend
• Wellness/fitness benefits
• Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.