San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Drive 3rd party manufacturing partners to execute new hardware programs from proto builds to ramp to sustaining MP.
- Own Verkada’s FATP lines at our JDM partners through all stages of development and production.
- Review JDM equipment and fixture design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM, and DOE proposals. Identify shortfalls and corrective actions to ensure design compliance.
- Initiate and/or support failure analysis and solution evaluation
tomake recommendations on product design changes or assembly changes.
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues to ensure highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered.
- Manage indirect BOM as necessary.
- Collaborate with design engineers on part validation, cosmetic improvement, and tool approval.
- Understand and communicate cost and schedule impacts of manufacturing operations.
- Familiarity with diverse manufacturing in plastics, metals, rubber and assembly. Examples include Injection molding, CNC (milling, lathing), forming (stamping, forging), finishing (polishing, blasting, lapping, anodization), coating (ink, paint), and assembly (gluing, laser welding, heat staking, ultrasonic welding, mechanical methods such as pressing, torquing).
- Good understanding of Mechanical Design, GD&T, Failure Analysis, DOE, SPC and Statistical Analysis.
- 2-4 years experience in launching new electronics products. Must have completed at least one full cycle hardware product launch
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate cross functionally with engineering, supply chain, quality, and third-party vendors.
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical or Industrial engineering or related field.
- At least 2 years working with an Asian supply chain
- Ability to travel up to 20%
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.