San Mateo, California
Engineering – Hardware
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Drive engineering development builds from a technical, operations and materials standpoint at both FATP and component vendors.
- Develop and implement manufacturing process and test flow with engineering and JDM partners including fixture and equipment design as well as associated validation plans.
- Initiate and/or support failure analysis to make recommendations on product design changes or assembly changes.
- Establish product quality control standards & process controls with engineering and implement and monitor at manufacturing partners.
- Experience with failure analysis to make recommendations on product design changes or assembly changes.
- Understand and communicate cost impacts of manufacturing operations.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering.
- Familiarity with diverse manufacturing and assembly processes as the responsibilities will involve component level as well as assembly level manufacturing. These include CNC (milling, lathing), forming (stamping, forging), finishing (polishing, blasting, lapping, anodization), coating (ink, paint), and assembly (gluing, laser welding, heat staking, ultrasonic welding, mechanical methods such as pressing, torquing).
- 2-4 years experience in launching new electronics products. Must have completed at least one full cycle hardware product launch.
- Demonstrated capability to collaborate cross functionally with engineering, supply chain, quality, and third-party vendors.
- At least 2 years working with an Asian supply chain.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.