Technical Support Engineering Intern - Fall 2023
San Mateo, California /
Technical Support – Technical Support /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada is the standard in cloud-managed video surveillance and physical security. Our mission is to be the essential physical security software layer for every building, and the foundation of a larger enterprise IoT infrastructure. As a Technical Support Intern, based out of our San Mateo HQ, you will work on leading-edge cloud-managed IoT technology while providing troubleshooting, design, and integration assistance to our growing base of enterprise customers. Interns work on the same issues and projects as full-time Technical Support Engineers, so if you are interested in making an impact and learning valuable career skills in a highly technical real-world environment, come join us!
- Troubleshoot network, hardware and software issues related to the Verkada platform.
- Provide best practice design and integration expertise to enterprise customers.
- Communicate technical matters to customers both orally and in writing.
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to test new products and identify bugs.
- Contribute content to our Knowledge Base.
- Lab testing and team projects.
- Third or Fourth year college student working towards a Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a related technical discipline: Networking, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Cybersecurity from an accredited college.
- Coursework with a focus on computer networking, Linux, computer systems, Python or other coding language.
- Ability to communicate complex technical matters both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Industry certifications are a plus: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, CWNP, CWNA, MCSE, CEH, Network+, Security+, A+.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.