Executive Assistant - Software
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We’re looking for a smart, motivated and experienced executive assistant to support our VP of Engineering and the broader software engineering department. The ideal candidate is focused and detail-oriented, proactively making sure that all bases are covered. They will be highly organized and professional, resourceful, efficient, flexible and will thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Manage complex scheduling and calendaring for the VP of Engineering while coordinating with internal and external partners
- Plan team-building offsite events for the VP and other engineering leaders
- Coordinate domestic and international travel for the VP in addition to trips for other engineers
- Help drive a significant portion of engineering culture activities such as: procuring swag, organizing events for multiple engineering teams, coordinating quarterly award ceremonies, and creating slide decks.
- Assist with organizing and executing large engineering meetings such as all-hands and demos
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic achievement
- Strong work ethic -- a willingness to go above and beyond is key
- Logistical coordinating or event planning experience
- A proven record of excellence and top performance
- Experience with GSuite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.