People Operations Associate
San Mateo, California /
Business Operations – HR /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform. In just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management). Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, our products give organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Recently valued at $3.2 billion with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with nine offices across three continents (San Mateo, Austin, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Tampa, London, Sydney, Taipei City and Krakow), 1,400+ full-time employees and 15,000+ customers across 73 countries, including 100+ companies in the Fortune 500.
This is just the beginning. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we face and the innovative platform we are building to make our schools, hospitals, businesses and communities safer.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build IoT security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well. Verkada has raised over $140 million from backers including Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech, and Siemens.
We are looking for an exceptional People Operations Associate to join our growing People team. This role will drive key initiatives for Verkada including Performance Management, and Pulse engagement survey program operations, and deliver people data and insights to the business. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive attitude, and exhibits patience, teamwork, and critical thinking. This role requires people passionate about doing dozens of things well every day to maximize our employee experience.
- Support numerous People Partners within the People team and other key functions within the company (recruiting, compensation, finance, benefits, immigration, payroll, mobility, HRIS)
- Support the full employment lifecycle of our employees from on-boarding through off-boarding to make their experience seamless
- Reporting and analytics based on organization needs and driving insights for People Partners using existing dashboards and HRIS data
- Intake and address employee questions relating to areas such as onboarding, immigration, benefits, payroll, mobility, leave, etc.
- Create and support people programs related to employee experience, engagement, and recognition to help employees be productive and motivated
- Own and drive all People/HR compliance processes and audits, including overseeing the completion of mandatory trainings
- Identify opportunities for improvement and assist with communication, implementation and change management of various programs and initiatives
- BA/BS degree. MBA or Master's degree a plus
- Must be in-office at HQ in San Mateo, CA
- 2+ years experience -- either in a people operations role or in roles demonstrating operational excellence and a customer service mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate with senior management in an efficient manner
- Excellent project and stakeholder management skills
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth Tech company preferred
- Experience with BambooHR or other HRIS and Lever ATS