Software Development Engineer in Test, Edge Devices
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
The Software Developer in Test role is new to Verkada and supports ongoing team expansion. This person will be primarily responsible for creating the foundation of an extensible test framework for our Edge Devices Team. A strong candidate will have experience building out an automated testing process end to end from a previous manual process. This role also owns all the build and maintenance for the integration test infrastructure in the office.
Verkada is at a stage of growth where this role is key and has a huge impact on the release timeline, the CI Flow, and the overall product specifications. We are excited about what we are building, and we want you to be excited to try to break it!
- Develop test framework, project planning, test tool development, automation, debugging and defect analysis.
- Set up and configure test environments for the Edge Device team.
- Work with Python and Go to design and implement automated test frameworks.
- Create and execute test plans, producing status reports and test results.
- Collaborate cross functionally across many teams to build, evolve and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline.
- Use quality and testing experience to identify test gaps and opportunities to expand out test case coverage.
- You love designing test plans and writing tools for performance, load, stress and functional testing.
- You are proficient in coding in Python or Go. You can confidently interview in Python for this role.
- You have at least 2 years experience writing automated tests for software.
- If you have experience testing for firmware / embedded/ devices that is a bonus, but not required.
- You have demonstrated experience setting up and configuring test environments.
- You have demonstrated competence in analyzing and troubleshooting problems.
- You have a strong background in computer science as demonstrated by your degree in Computer Science with 4+ years relevant professional experience.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.