San Mateo, California /
Security – Security Engineering /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 17,000+ customers across 70+ countries, including 45 companies in the Fortune 500.
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Facilitate the security baked into our applications throughout the software development lifecycle
- Explore innovative solutions to enable Verkada business instead of “Security says No”
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and execute on goals, priorities and process
- Set up security tooling and secure defaults to ensure software security best practices
- Triage and recommend solutions for security bugs from tools, third party assessments and bug bounties
- Collaborate with the CISO and security team to grow the broader Verkada security program
- Share your security experience with other teams internally and externally via security conferences and blogs
- Help your peer engineers grow their own security reasoning and knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP or other cloud service provider
- 5+ years of experience as a security engineer, software engineer, site reliability engineer, or security consultant
- Understanding of security weaknesses, exploits, attacks and mitigations
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security products, features, and strategies;
- Coding ability. You will write Python/Go code, security peer review code, build proofs of concept and implement automation scripts
- Excellent collaborative skills. Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Experience with most of the following:
Cloud Security Posture Management
Security Code Review
Open Policy Agent
$120,000 - $280,000 a year
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. For this role, Verkada estimates a starting annual base salary will fall in the range of approximately $120,000 - $280,000. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. Annual base salary is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).