Analyst, Strategic Finance
San Mateo, California /
Business Operations – Finance /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
As a member of our Strategic Finance team, you will play a critical role in driving the financial projections, insights, and strategy that enable the company to scale successfully. Strategic Finance is an excellent platform to learn the key drivers of a business, how to budget and forecast for a fast-growing and complex business, and how to implement operational changes at scale. As an Analyst, you will support the team in a wide variety of functions, including capital raising efforts, lender engagement, financial budgeting & forecasting, strategic problem-solving, and spend management.
- Financial planning & strategy: help drive our financial planning processes and adapt the underlying financial forecast model for the growing complexity of the business
- Reporting: help develop and track critical financial and operating reporting metrics for the Executive team and others, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Functional partnership: be a strategic partner for specific departments to help solve complex problems and be the main point of contact for headcount & budget planning.
- Fundraising: help manage and support capital raise activities and engagement with investors and lenders.
- Spend management: work closely with People Ops to manage our compensation and offer processes, and with different departments to evaluate and manage third-party vendor spend.
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in our key systems (e.g. Netsuite, Salesforce) and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis, while also working cross-functionally with stakeholders and department heads across the organization to help solve complex problems and build sustainable processes.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Excellent modeling skills: you have strong modeling intuition, and a good understanding of how to bring a modeling framework to complicated problems. Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts is a plus.
- Cross-functional communication: you’ll need to connect and partner with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement our financial strategy and processes. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
- 1-2+ years of professional experience, ideally in investment banking, consulting, private equity, venture capital, or a high-growth startup.
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.