Early Career Hardware Engineer
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a Hardware Engineer at Verkada, you’ll contribute to the design and development of new cameras, access control systems, sensors, and other enterprise IoT products. Verkada’s Hardware engineers own all aspects of the electrical design from prototype through to mass production.
- Design, prototype, and build new hardware products in collaboration with the product and mechanical engineering team.
- Help sustain our existing product lines to ensure high quality and steady supply for our customers.
- Engage cross-functionally across mechanical, firmware, and manufacturing teams to drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Quickly prototype new products for proof of concept study.
- Work with JDM partners to build and execute robust test plans and complete full programs.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 1+ years of experience with board level circuit design and prototyping.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to work independently and cross functionally.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.