Government Contracts Specialist
San Mateo, California /
Sales – Sales - Channel /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
The Government Contracts Specialist will assist in identifying government contracts, schedules, and purchasing agreements that help drive and close opportunities. They will implement the correct internal business operations to ensure compliance with those contracts.
- Maintain a complete and accurate tracking system of all contracts, schedules, and purchasing agreements and the opportunities associated with them.
- Ensure compliance with existing terms, conditions, and record-keeping requirements for each federal, state, and local contract.
- Guide contract and government sales strategy by researching, developing, and implementing new procurement vehicles.
- Provide first-line advice and triage on contract-related requests from the internal sales team and external channel partners.
- Train, counsel and provide guidance to management and internal sales team for government opportunities.
- Assist with Request for Proposal (RFP) and/or Request for Information (RFI) support focused on progressing deals and securing wins.
- Drive implementation of strategic contract opportunities with the most significant impact on the business.
- Analyze new law, regulation, and contract trends for potential impact on sales goals and objectives.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the state, local, and federal government contract space
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Experience building and managing contract management tools (including Salesforce), and processes
- Work efficiently with a client-service focus in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to analyze legal risks within contracts, and know when appropriate to escalate to the legal team or to external resources, as necessary, for further evaluation or approval.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.