Mechanical Engineer, Product Design
San Mateo, California
Engineering – Hardware
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Own new products from industrial design concepts to mass production.
- Work collaboratively with our JDM partners to rapidly design, prototype and test new designs; iterate and validate quickly.
- Work with vendors to dial in DFM/DFA then quote and order new parts at prototype and MP quantities. Own tooling release, bring up and validation.
- Work collaboratively with our Industrial Designers, Hardware Program Engineers, EEs and optics partners to generate mechanical solutions which integrate a wide variety of product requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, Master’s preferred
- 3+ years of experience designing and manufacturing enterprise or consumer electronic products
- Strong understanding of different material types and manufacturing processes
- Passion for designing aesthetically pleasing but easy to use hardware; always have an eye on how our customers will use our products
- Experience working with an Asian supply chain
- Experience working with part vendors on DFM, tooling bring up and validation
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
- A good artistic eye and interest in industrial design; knowledge of CMF specs
- Experience integrating thermal management solutions, optics or sensors into your mechanical designs
- Experience designing products for harsh environments
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.