Associate Account Executive - Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah /
Sales – Sales - Verkademy /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is excited to announce our Account Executive Development Program, “Verkademy”! As an Associate Account Executive, you’ll be a part of the fastest growing company in Silicon Valley/SF with a short promotion path into a closing role! Ideal candidates should be passionate, high energy and a self-starter with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced sales organization.
Verkademy was created to fast track Sales Associates into world class Mid-Market Account Executives. In this program, the foundation of Tech Sales are broken up into smaller modules that outline the fundamental skills to become a successful, top-tier Account Executive. Skills covered range from Prospecting, Discovery, Demo, Best Practice Call, Gaining the Technical Win, etc. Graduates from this program will transition into Mid-Market Account Executives - fully equipped with every aspect of the sales motion, industry and company knowledge. If you are looking for a place that fully invests in the success of your career and will challenge you, this is the program for you. Associates typically graduate from the program as early as three months to as late as nine.
- Prospect, qualify, follow up and educate a high volume of cold leads into prospects
- Understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate how Verkada can solve them
- Pro-actively generate meetings and opportunities for Account Executives by positioning the value of Verkada
- Generate sales-ready meetings and opportunities for Account Executives
- Provide accurate lead distribution and thorough discovery to your assigned Account Executives
- Use Verkada Salesforce.com systems and sales enablement tools according to Verkada standards; provide metrics on leads
- Consistently achieve quota to ensure territory revenue and growth objectives
- Comfortable talking with prospects and internal/external customers and building relationships and monetizing them.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment while still providing quality opportunities and driving revenue.
- Strong entrepreneurial personality, self-motivated and self-managing.
- Capacity to develop relationships quickly over the phone with customers and technical audience.
- Strong team orientation and ability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Understanding of sales cycles and required qualification criteria.
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover customer issues, process problems, and translate need into business opportunities.
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual Desire to be #1 and advance a career in Verkada’s sales Org
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- 1 year of experience in a professional sales position (any industry)
- Written & verbal communication skills in English
- Salesforce.com and Outreach experience is a plus
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.