San Mateo, California /
Marketing – Marketing Operations /
At Verkada, we rethink what it means to be physically safe. We build disruptive, out-of-the-box, security solutions that detect action, identify danger, and keep people and places safe. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming a space that has seen little innovation for decades. Today we support thousands of customers and we are only getting started. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect.
As the first Backend/Data Engineer on the Marketing team you will partner with creative out-of-the-box builders and strategists on both Marketing and Sales teams to build the platform (database, warehouse, microservices, UI) powering marketing and sales decisions. We exhausted the capabilities of off-the-shelf solutions and need to build internal tools to be ahead of competition.
- Build scalable reporting infra for streams -- emails, calls, text messages, market signals
- Setup cron jobs that clean up the data (at 3sigma quality), trigger campaigns and alerts
- Build high-level (Fivetran, tray.io) and low-level (own cloud-hosted VM) integrations between SaaS applications, a data warehouse and system-of-record database
- Resource management: use optimal cpu/memory/disk/network configurations
- 4+ years working experience in SWE role or equivalent
- Mastery of Python
- Ability to engineer fault-tolerant distributed systems that move data around without duplicates, missed rows, within api limits
- Ability to self-manage time and energy
Preferred but optional
- Linux, K8s, Go / Rust / C++ / Java, web framework (Django/Rocket/Revel/etc)
- Generalist with the focus on the backend
- First principles thinking, ambition, positive attitude
- Experience working in agile teams
About Our Team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.