Communications Manager - Corporate Communications
San Mateo, California /
Business Operations – Communications /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
We’re building out our communications team and are looking for a strong team player to join us. This person will be charged with helping us cultivate and tell Verkada’s story to both external and internal audiences. The ideal candidate is an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment, who possesses strong communication skills and the ability to successfully prioritize and execute tasks in alignment with the overall goals of the team. They should have a growth and development mindset, know how to stay self-motivated, and lead with a positive mindset.
- Proactively identifies strong storytelling opportunities across multiple themes including business, culture and product
- Leads content and message development projects - ensuring everything we produce is highly strategic, well-written and rooted deeply in Verkada’s mission and values
- Builds and executes new communications programs and managing them to scale
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience in communications with significant prior experience successfully driving corporate and/or product communications initiatives
- Possesses a strong understanding of how to tell stories in both today’s news and media landscape as well as internally
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to quickly understand Verkada’s products and services
- Impeccable attention to detail, strong project manager, organized
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits