San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Hardware /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our hardware team, you will lead design and development on Verkada’s newest products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of the EE design and validation, working directly with our JDM partners to ship cutting-edge products.
- Architect and define new hardware products in collaboration with the product and mechanical engineering team
- Engage with our silicon vendors to stay on top of emerging technologies and future releases
- Own schematic and layout development based on the architecture you have created
- Quickly prototype new products for proof of concept study
- Build and execute a robust test plan by leveraging resources at our JDM/ODM partners
- Lead JDM teams to efficiently and effectively complete programs
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in designing new electronics products.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.