Senior Technical Recruiter
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - New Products /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a technical recruiter, you will partner with the Access Control division and New Products division to source, recruit and close talented engineering professionals to join our world-class organization. We are one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley and you will be essential to the continuous growth!
Access Control is a small, dynamic team focused on building cloud-managed access control systems. It is Verkada’s second major product line and is already growing faster than the flagship cameras product. It’s a startup within a startup with a fair amount of autonomy. We are comprised of a dedicated firmware team that writes software for our hardware devices, server team in charge of our distributed computing services, and the front-end team in charge of the Verkada Command experience and the Verkada Pass app experience.
New Products is focused on delivering innovative, new products that will change the way companies and their employees interact with their workplace. We are building a suite of IOT devices and sensors that will power intelligent, connected buildings through the Verkada Cloud.
- Build and maintain relationships with hiring managers to ensure a smooth and efficient recruiting process.
- Provide mentorship to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, and retain highly-skilled diverse candidates.
- Strategically plan and build a robust pipeline of qualified candidates and maintain their interest throughout the entire process.
- Use all the platforms at your disposal to creatively source passive candidates for tough-to-fill positions.
- Make compelling presentations to all candidates about Verkada and the Engineering Organization.
- Effectively pitch passive talent on the opportunity through tailored, creative messaging and conversation.
- Navigate complex offer situations and overcome objections to ultimately show Verkada’s value.
- Have fun, work hard, and enjoy your contribution to growing an exciting company.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 4+ years of successful full cycle tech recruiting experience.
- Proven track record of sourcing and recruiting technical talent.
- Experience hiring from and against tier one private & public technology companies.
- Communication is one of your top strengths; proactive, clear, and compelling in your written and oral communication.
- Target driven, detail oriented and approachable with the ability to prioritize and work well in fast paced environment.
- Experience and fluency of technically knowledgeable to conduct initial phone screens and calibrate against job descriptions.
We are #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.