Embedded Systems Engineering Intern - Fall, 2020
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Embedded Systems team, you’ll be working directly alongside our hardware team, backend engineers, UI engineers, and industrial designers to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security system
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve the embedded and server-side software for our fleet of devices.
- Effectively manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables on all projects.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work from September 2020 - December 2020.
- Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science (or similar degree plan).
- Proficient in at least one high level programming language (preferably C, C++, Python, or Golang).
- Familiar with Linux CLI tools.
- Familiar with Linux OS concepts (processes, threads, file descriptors, syscalls, etc).
- Familiar with a version control system (git).
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience with imaging technology (image quality, streaming, etc).
- Experience with C, Bash/Shell, USB, I2C, Yocto, etc.
- Computer networking experience.
- Linux experience (servers, device drivers, kernel patches, secure operating systems, security focused programming).
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.