Sr. Software Engineer, Infrastructure
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is building a foundation for Verkada's product engineering teams. Our team is responsible for setting the rest of the engineers up for success by providing building blocks such as container orchestration platform, observability & service mesh. We believe infrastructure is not built in a vacuum, our output must make an incremental and measurable impact on the end product. The overarching goal of this team is to make the right choice for building reliable systems, easy and obvious. The team is small and growing and we need a very solid core of engineers with strong backgrounds in system engineering who have built systems from ground up before.
As a founding member you will
- Define the long term roadmap.
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Verkada's engineering teams.
- Build a great customer experience for people using your infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services.
- Collaborate with other software engineers to diagnose, fix and prevent production issues.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Strong hold on one or more of C++, Golang, Java and Python.
- Strong linux system troubleshooting skills.
- 4+ years of experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining reliable distributed systems.
- Experience in operating massive scale bare metal or public cloud server infrastructure, preferably AWS.
- Experience in container orchestration platforms, preferably Kubernetes.
- Experience or demonstrable interest in Terraform, Ansible, GRPC, Prometheus, Envoy & Bazel.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.