San Mateo, California
Engineering – Software
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Be responsible for the daily operation of Verkada’s cloud-based infrastructure that supports our network of cloud-connected cameras and user-facing applications.
- Provide visibility/monitoring/alerting into the health and performance of all of our services and infrastructure by leveraging tools like New Relic, Cloud Watch and Runscope.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously deliver Verkada’s products to customers on-time.
- Partner with the Information Security team to implement best security practices within the team, infrastructure and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Master’s degree preferred).
- 3+ years experience building, leading and inspiring a team of engineers.
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps role; including on-call responsibilities, using AWS in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable scripting in Bash/Python/Go.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people).
- Experience with common tools such as: Docker, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Kubernetes, New Relic, PagerDuty, etc.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.