EMEA Sales Strategy and Operations Associate
Sales – Sales - Strategy/Operations /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
As the second member of our Sales Strategy and Operations team in EMEA, you will have an integral role in helping to build out EMEA by driving the insights, operations, and strategy that enables Sales to run better, faster, and smarter. Sales Strategy and Operations is an excellent platform to learn how a business really runs and how to grow a business from 50 to 5000 individuals. Prior candidates that our leadership team has worked with have gone on to be VPs and COOs of companies.
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a generalist, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum.
- Strategy & planning: pulling ongoing and ad hoc reporting for weekly / quarterly business reviews, and providing insights to inform business decisions.
- Systems and operations: identifying and implementing improvements in current workflows and processes that can help improve efficiency and visibility - this might be inSalesforce.com or other tools.
- Sales Enablement: building programming and content to help new hires get up to speed as quickly as possible, as well as tracking the right effectiveness metrics to see what makes someone a top (or bottom) performer and how we scale those learnings.
- Since we're still in scrappy startup mode, there's a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today's problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in Salesforce and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis, while also talking frequently with our stakeholders in sales, marketing, ops, product, finance, and more to help troubleshoot systems issues, review insights from our analyses, and build future-state processes and systems.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people who can look at complex problems and solve them start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you nerd out about data, can quickly structure analyses to answer key business questions to drive decision-making, and will also have perspectives on building the right data architecture. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Tableau / Looker experience is a plus.
- Process and operational thinking: you can tackle a problem independently and quickly iterate to a solution, and then also document it in a way that's easy to understand for all audiences. Previous salesforce experience is a plus.
- Communication and stakeholder management: you'll need to be able to connect with sales reps and hardware engineers alike to figure out how we build the right processes and workflows to drive efficiency while also giving us the data to measure how we're doing. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility and hustle: you manage change and ambiguity well, and have no problems juggling multiple priorities while executing in a fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable pivoting quickly and often.
- 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, banking, private equity, corporate strategy, or a startup. Bachelors from a top school preferred.
- Previous Sales, Sales Operations, or Strategy experience is a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Significant equity in a rapidly growing startup
- Generous company paid medical & dental insurance coverage
- Fertility benefits
- Wellness allowance
- Monthly commuter benefits
- Kitchen filled with drinks and snacks & daily food allowance when working from the office
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.