San Mateo, California /
Business Operations – Finance /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada is looking for a Compensation Analyst to ensure we attract, reward and retain top talent globally. You will be responsible for contributing to both the evolution of our compensation philosophy, and the execution of that philosophy across the company, globally. You will work closely with the CFO and Head of Compensation, to whom this role reports, and various levels of management at the company. This is a critical role with high visibility to the executive team.
- Compensation strategy & planning: own and refine Verkada’s global compensation strategy for the company as the business scales; develop and document compensation guidelines, policies and ongoing training programs.
- Market analysis: use market intelligence and data to ensure the market competitiveness of our cash pay, equity pay and benefits for our roles globally during our phase of rapid growth. This requires strong ability to source compensation data and bring it together in a way that makes sense
- Functional partnership: partner with Finance, People Partners, Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Executives on pay decisions, compensation process & policies, and job evaluation.
- Workflow management: build tools and processes to streamline all compensation workflows, from job posting to internal approvals to offer signature
- Reporting: help develop and track critical compensation reporting metrics for the Executive team and managers
- Get sh*t done: since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term. We accomplish this through hard work, being clear on what’s worth tackling and what’s not, and ensuring a high talent bar
- Deep experience in compensation NOT required: you must be passionate about solving compensation as a thorny analytical and human problem with no right answer (but many wrong ones!). Comfort with ambiguity is a must. Experience in Investment Banking or Management Consulting strongly preferred
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish
- High attention to detail: at Verkada, we pride ourselves on first principles thinking and sweating the details as the keys to business results. This leader should excel in these areas and set a standard for others.
- Excellent analytics skills: you have a data-driven mentality; you are excited to dig through data to drive evidence-based discussions and decision-making
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, mentor brilliant (but inexperienced) talent junior in their career, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
Perks & Benefits
- Strong cash and equity compensation
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Lunch, dinner and snacks provided in office daily (yes, we’re in the office)
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter allowance
- Ongoing professional development allowance
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.