Solutions Engineer, UKI
Sales – Sales - Solutions Engineering /
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada is seeking a Solution Engineer to own and enhance the customer experience, from the proof-of-concept to the final decision. This individual will provide technical support to the sales team, become a trusted advisor to customers, assist the sales team in designing security systems and quotes, and create solutions for unique customer challenges. You will join a team of highly motivated people delivering impactful results for the company. We are looking primarily for people who can match our fast pace and learn quickly, but prior experience with video security systems, IoT devices and access control systems is certainly helpful.
- Become the trusted technical advisor for the key decision-makers: CTOs, CISOs, and Senior Network Engineers
- Engage with sales managers to understand current deal statuses and next steps
- Leverage technical knowledge to overcome customer barriers and concerns
- Influence product direction with your unique understanding of customer needs
- Collaborate with support to accelerate product improvement
- Work with Project Managers/Operations team members in the execution of designed security solutions
- Prepare required project documentation (floorplans, scope of work, assumptions, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university.
- A Strong background in Networking: Experience with HTTPS/SSL, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, Firewalls and software systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners.
- Industry certifications (ideally): AWS, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+, Microsoft Azure, CISSP, CSP.
- Experience working with API's, Python, and other coding languages and although not essential is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux systems (ideal not a requirement).
- Previous startup experience (ideal not a requirement).
- Fluent to at least business level English (additional French, German or Dutch skills a huge advantage)
- Entrepreneurial with a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn.
- Able to work and adapt to an ever evolving workplace and company.
- Genuinely excited about software/hardware products, Cloud Security and IoT devices and can speak to how they work.
- Self starter, with a proven track record working independently and with cross functional teams.
- Curious about new and disruptive technologies.
- Excited about complex challenges.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical & dental insurance coverage
- Fertility benefits
- Wellness allowance
- Monthly commuter benefits
- Pension contributions to help you save for your future
- Fully stocked kitchen & daily food allowance when working from the office
In return, we can offer you a caring, and supportive environment with ongoing training and promotion opportunities. Our benefits package ranges from gym/fitness membership subsidies, travel reimbursements for your commute to the office (full of snacks), and a daily food allowance when you are in. We have a dental and private health plan, as well as a flexible PTO plan and a pension contribution.
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.