Frontend (Web) Engineering Intern - Fall, 2020
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is looking for software engineering interns to join our team for an exciting and challenging internship. We are seeking interns who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As an intern working with the Frontend (Web) Engineering team, you will help create the look and feel of how customers interact with Verkada’s custom-made hardware, web-based assets and utilize the security data collected.
- Implement production-facing features used by our customers every day.
- Fix bugs.
Some Current and Future Examples of Intern Projects
- Work with computer vision engineers to experiment with machine learning and AI data models and applications.
- Maintain the offline processing queue for reliably generating video exports in the face of unreliable remote connections.
- Specify and add API endpoints to change camera image tuning properties.
- Work with real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Maintain and implement testing automation and testing frameworks.
- Maintain high-performance, multiplexing video transcoding services.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Ability to work from September 2020 - December 2020.
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Experience building reusable components, utilizing CSS pre-processors and building pixel perfect user interfaces.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working with a modern web framework such as Angular.js, React or Vue.
- Familiarity with REST APIs. Ability to read python server code is a plus!
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.