Senior Software Engineer - C++
San Mateo, California /
Engineering – Software - Cameras /
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Work cross-functionally with hardware team to develop camera features in C++ and Python.
Lead code reviews, debugging, and bug fixes.
Experiment/test with new development boards.
Make regular contributions to existing code base to push new features OTA on a frequent basis.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or similar degree).
- 5+ years of experience working on Linux development as a Software Engineer.
- Proficient in modern C++.
- Familiar with Python.
- Experience working in an agile team environment.
- Good communication & documentation skill.
- Interest in Computer Vision.
- Familiarity with compilation toolchains and analytic tools for C/C++ application.
- Knowledge on operating systems and computer architecture.
- Experience in software development for edge (embedded) devices.
- Experience in heterogeneous computing, e.g. experience with any of GPU, DSP, or other coprocessor / accelerator.
- Experience working with cloud service.
Nice to Have
Culture and Values
- Visionary thinker: At Verkada, you will tackle large, complex problems with no clear answers.
- Teach and learn: You will learn new technologies while being entrusted with the technical ownership of major systems, and we hope to learn something from you in turn.
- Startup Mindset: As a small, fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.