Trainee Lawyer - Stage Juriste
Legal – Legal Team /
Verkor is a French industrial company aiming to pioneer low-carbon battery manufacturing in France. With the backing of prominent industrial companies such as Renault Group, Plastic Omnium and Schneider Electric, Verkor intends to electrify the future of European mobility.
With over 350 experts from 38 different countries, our endeavor is to unite exceptional global talent to bring this ambitious and innovative project to life. Our strong and agile international team continues to grow and adapt to new challenges. Based in Grenoble (France), we have recently started operations our Verkor Innovation Centre (R&D centre and 4.0 pilot line).
We now focus on building the world’s most modern and efficient Gigafactory in Dunkirk (France). With this facility, our ambition is an initial annual production of 16 Gwh of lithium-ion batteries by 2025, thus powering 300,000 electric vehicles annually.
In joining us you will actively participate in this breathtaking industrial adventure to shape the future of European mobility.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Lawyer to join our Legal team supporting Verkor in all areas of activities. The successful candidate will assist the senior lawyers in providing Legal support to Verkor on its business activities !
- Supporting Senior Lawyers with:
- M&A, fundraising and private equity transactions
- board and committee meeting preparation, corporate governance, etc.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and drafting a broad range of contracts, with international exposure such as: construction contracts, partnership contracts, supply and distribution contracts, procurement contracts, NDAs, MoU and LoI.
- Providing legal research & support senior lawyers their daily legal tasks.
- Attending meetings with internal clients/stakeholders as required.
- Other tasks (including administrative tasks), as assigned.
- Legal studies at European and/or international universities with excellent knowledge of European and International laws. Knowledge of English law is desired, although not essential.
- Previous experiences in recognized law firms and/or large corporations possibly in English speaking countries.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: M&A, commercial contracts, IP-IT, regulatory, distribution law and energy law.
Skills & Abilities :
- Excellent English and French written and verbal communication skills ( they are official working languages. The knowledge of another European language is a plus)
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Adaptable and able to work in a busy and demanding environment.
- Seek clarification and guidance in the conduct of the work activities as required.
- Enthusiasm for daily tasks and commitment to the type of work carried out by our business.
- Willingness to learn and develop own skills.
- Be open to receiving, applying and providing constructive feedback.
- Competent with MS Office package, and other common computer programs/applications.
Why join us?
Strong company spirit and culture settle down around our 4 values:
We promote personal initiative and give everyone the means to contribute to the company's success.
We're committed to transparent communication: we say what we think, and we mean what we say.
Everyone, in their role, is an ambassador for the company. At Verkor, success is most definitely a team sport!
We're all working towards a common goal: a sustainable future, which we're building one step at a time.
Attractive work conditions*
- Stimulating work environment: pleasant offices, multicultural and motivated team
- Lunch vouchers
- 50% of local transportation costs financed
- 5 weeks of holidays per year + 2 weeks of compensation time (RTT)* conditions may apply depending on type of contract
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Opportunities to network and connect with worldwide experts
For more info on the company, please visit us at www.verkor.com
*all positions are open to individuals possessing a Recognition of the Status of Disabled Worker (RQTH)
*conditions may apply depending on type of contract